Just a quick announcement. If you haven't already heard, Andy over at Woodclinched is taking pre-orders for Plumbago Issue #2, the pencil zine he started. The last issue sold out like wildfire, so this time around he's making sure everyone who wants a copy gets one.
Just a few features you’ll find in this issue:
- “What I’ve Learned from Field Notes”: A piece by urban sketcher Tina Koyama
- “Rabbinic Musings in Graphite”: about how pencils aid in the intense study environs of rabbi school by Mordechai Lightstone
- “How to Keep Score at a Baseball Game Using a Pencil”: A piece by Gregory Dresser
- “Are You Too Obsessed with Stationery?:” A quiz to help you measure your sickness
- A comic by the Mad Penciler
- An editorial by Dr. J. Frank, encouraging you to lovingly destroy your pencils
- And lots, lots more.
This issue will be $10 each, but during the pre-order period, it’s $8.
The other thing, this time around, revenue from this zine go directly to printing and mailing costs, and leftover revenue will be donated to Black Girls Code, an organization dedicated to increasing the number of women of color in the technology industry by exposing them to computer science and technology at an early age. How fucking cool is that? You can't NOT pre-order after hearing that.